What I really wanted my title to say was Reasons It Is Important For Me To Teach My Children at Home. That was too lengthy for a title however. So here they are in no particular order:
1. There is nobody else who knows my children better than I do. Their strengths and weaknesses, their likes and dislikes...etc.
2. I love seeing proof that our lessons are sticking in that sweet little brain! (See this post).
3. There is so much to discuss at the dinner table when you are learning with your child.
4. One day I will have to give an account to God of what I did with what he has given me. I want to be able to show Him how I lovingly taught His children.
5.This quote sums it up nicely: "Hillary Clinton says it takes a village to raise a child. I've seen the village; and I don't want it raising my child." -unknown
6. I want my children (and myself) to experience the world. I want to go to the ocean to study fish, head to the woods to watch squirrels, travel to Europe and explore castles.
7. It's amazing that an entire afternoon can be spent figuring out what letter random words start with. "Mom what does washing machine start with?"
8. Love and kindness are a major part of our curriculum.
9. Jesus is invited into our classroom. (Whether that classroom is the kitchen table, living room couch or front yard).
10. I get to be creative in lesson planning and organizing. (A spider in a jar can become an entire week long unit study).
11. I'm not really into sending my children away from home for 6-8 hours a day. Our family thrives on being together.
12. I really like to finger paint. (There I said it! Confession is good for the soul).
13. Teaching my children gives me some really great things to blog about.